How can I...

Alcoholic Beverage License

Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission for an application. The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission will provide you with the proper forms and instructions.

If your business is within the city limits, you must first complete the section pertaining to city authorizations, along with the certification by the Victoria City Secretary's Office, prior to bringing your paperwork to the County Clerk.   

Senate Bill 1035; Effective 9/01/2013; Analysis: Changes the alcoholic beverage license process. Requires a person to file an application for a license to manufacture, distribute, or sell beer with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) instead of the county judge, except in cases of protest; if TABC finds that reasonable grounds exist for the protest, TABC must reject the protested application and require the applicant to file the application with the county judge and submit to a hearing, which must be held not less than 5 nor more than 10 days after the county judge receives the protested application. The hearing fee, which is paid to the county clerk, is increased from $5 to $25. The bill also clarifies approved methods of payments for a license by a licensee payable to the comptroller, who then transmits five percent of the license fee to the tax assessor collector of the county. Additionally, it requires that the notice of an original application for a beer license be published in a newspaper by the applicant, instead of the county clerk, among other provisions.

For any other questions, please contact Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.